Tuesday 1 April 2014

Welcome

Hi all, welcome to the new blog. It will probably change a lot. Because what I like changes a lot.

Levice's castle
But what isn't going to change is Slovakia. I'll be moving there in November to a city called Levice. Its full of wonderful people, a Tesco, and a castle. And more things that I'll discover in the two years that I call it home. I'll keep you updated.

I went to Romania in 2007 for two weeks helping at an English camp. And then again in 2008. And again in 2009. In 2010 I interned over the summer in Slovakia helping Josiah Venture host English camps similar to those I had done in Romania. I took a summer off in 2011, but in 2012 and 2013 I led two short term teams to Levice, Slovakia again doing those same camps. This winter I made the leap I knew had been coming for a long time. I formally joined Josiah Venture.



If you'd like the full story of how I came to this point in my life get in touch with me and we can grab coffee - I love coffee - or check out my support letter that I'll be posting shortly.
Dressed up to greet students on the first day of camp.

Right now I'm in the beginning stages of support raising. This means getting the word out, working on support letters, and revising my own budget to fit my present and future needs. Its already been a difficult and sometimes discouraging month or two. It seems like there is always something to do and always the pressure of time. But I've been learning a lot too. Learning about God's provision. His sufficient love, and his perfectly timed grace.

Students during a camp session.
I'm also preparing to go to Slovakia for two weeks this July to help with Levice's English camp. I'm really looking forward to working with the team going from Tremont, they are seriously the coolest people, and reconnecting with my friends in Levice. I'll be able to rebuild some of my friendships with students from past years as well as meet some of the new ones. This will be a huge blessing to my tranisition there in the fall, already having a solid and recent base of students to reach out to. I'll also be able to meet with some of the church and youth leaders there and hopefully go over some of the details of fall. I think it will be a great springboard for my more permanent move.

Thank you for walking with me on this journey. More to come in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment