Sunday 27 July 2014

Sunday Reflections

I just love being a part of the Cabin. I love the collaboration of minds and hearts that want to see change. Minds with visions and hearts with love and tenderness all wrapped up in the Gospel. People - ordinary people - with passion. Carpenters, techies, students, nurses. Just people living but asking for more. Living, but with the Kingdom in their eyes and eternity in their throats so thick they'd choke on it if it didn't come out.

We're nothing special. None of us are. Most of the time I feel weak. But I was thinking in church today how God uses us in our weakness. Listening to my brother sing, leading worship because he can. Unobtrusive, unaffected. Just simply and purely. Because he believes in the One, True God. Not in himself. Singing loud, because that is how he is, but without theatrics. And I thought how beautiful it is when God thrusts us out in our weakness. How much more room he has when we aren't quite sure we can do it. When we have to lean on him because there isn't anything in us to stand on. I've always thought it is important to use your gifts. To find your niche and exploit your skills and talents. But maybe it is better to do what scares you. What you think you don't the power to do. When you reach the end of your abilities and have to jump into the white unknown beyond them. Because then it isn't about you and what you can do. It's about all that is missing in you and all that Christ fills up. All that he can do with these weak and broken vessels that we are.

That is what Cabin leadership is. A whole bunch of cracked pots all filled up and glowing with everything that our Lord is. All goodness, all perfection, all grace. The ability to do anything. And we screw up sometimes. Go through dry times. Lose vision. Lose passion. But today I saw people full of Christ. Lives permeated by his Spirit.

I just love what He does. I love it when he shows me a little bit of how he works. And I'm so excited about the future of the Cabin. I'm privileged to be a part of the leadership team, and I so wish I could stick around to see the changes and fruit that I know are coming. But it is exciting also to pass on that leadership. To step out of the way and see others carry the vision and responsibility. I will miss our meetings with all our plannings and our plottings. And I will miss the challenges the Cabin has produced. But I am looking forward to joining another team in Slovakia. A team, like here, full of Christ-vessels.

Sometimes I can't believe that this is my life. That God has granted me such beautiful people. That I have been a part of sweet friendships here, and that I will get to enjoy even more of that sweetness in Slovakia. In Slovakia! In a place that I love with people who are so dear to me! I can't believe that these opportunities are mine. Our God is so good. And though I do not always stand in the awe of him that he deserves, I relish the times that I do. When he so graciously shows me his goodness. When I can take my eyes off of all the grit and grime of the world long enough to see His hand.

The future is bright because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment